Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Brewery Update

BREWERY UPDATE

Things have been very hectic lately. Over the last month or so, I have been working constantly on my plans for a brewery. So much that there is a constant buzz in the air. Friends, family, and even acquaintances have been asking me about it. Most want to work for me, but most want to be a part of it. They are offering to help out, advise, supply labor, and offer money. Even my Doctor was excited about it. That has to be a good thing.

Lately, I have found myself visiting a local brew house or pub three or four times a week. I've been reading more now than I ever have. I've been spending most of my free time looking at blogs and forums, reading books and magazines, and listening to podcasts. While I'm at work, I listen to audio books about breweries and beer. I think I'm on the verge of obsession.

When I first wrote my blog post about starting a brewery, I knew deep down that I could do it. However, I wasn't sure if I would really ever get if off the ground. I knew it was going to be a lot of hard work. And I was worried about the people who would doubt me and dismiss the idea. How was I going to pull it off? Many others have tried and failed. I didn't want to be one of those people.

So I decided the best way to be successful was to learn from the ones that did it. I needed to immerse myself in the beer culture. I needed to stop dragging my feet and just start doing it. So that's what I did.

Without going into boring detail, I will tell you that I have talked to my attorney, met with my advertising agency, started the paperwork for trademarks, and started building my first production brew system. Things are starting to roll. Wish me luck.

-Cheers.

No comments: